Wild Rosehip Jam 200gRegular price £4.95
by Cămara de la Munte
Rosehip jam is now considered somewhat a delicacy and is relatively rare to find in the UK.
In Transylvania rosehips are in abundance and making them into jam is a tradition. This orange berry like pod is the fruit of the rose plant and they are typically gathered in October. The preparation of this fruit is not easy but the taste more than makes up for the effort.
Rosehip jam has a sweet tangy tartness, sometimes compared to flavours of sharp apple, hibiscus flower or fresh grass. We love this jam in cookies, paired with grilled cheese toasties or used with wine & spices for punchy meat marinades.
Transylvania, in fact hosts a festival every October in celebration of the rosehip in the village of Sancraiu. When you arrive you are welcomed with rosehip jam cookies and during the festival there is a rosehip jam making competition. The making goes on for several hours, whilst a brass band play in the village and children perform traditional dances. Rosehip jam as well as the traditional moonshine like drink 'Palinka' is for sale at stalls.
RO: Dulceață/ pastă de măceșe
Mărișel, Cluj County, Romania
67% rosehips, 33% sugar
Store in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight. After opening keep refrigerated and consume within 3-5 days.
2- 4 working days
Orders over £75 dispatched with DPD
Orders under £75 dispatched with Evri or Royal Mail
£7.95 of FREE for all orders over £75
1-2 working days
Orders dispatched with DPD Next Day
- If you are looking for delivery in the EU please follow the link to our EU store
- All orders in the UK are dispatched from the UK
- Orders placed by 12pm will be dispatched the same day.
- Orders are processed Monday - Friday. Orders placed after 12pm on a Friday will be processed the following Monday.
- Once your order has been dispatched you will receive an email confirming that your goods are on their way along with a tracking code to follow the status of delivery.