Wide Noodles 'Lașca' 200gRegular price £3.75
by De la buna Romanița
The term 'Lașcă' is the regional name given to traditional, homemade Romanian noodles (pasta) that are used in both savoury and sweet dishes. These wide noodles are often added to chopped walnuts, sugar and melted butter for the ultimate dessert/ breakfast/ brunch... It's a must try! In the countryside lașcă is prepared in every home by the housewives and is used as part of a traditional menu at family events, holidays and on Sundays.
They are made from flour, a little salt and eggs from their own households from truly free range chickens. Following a traditional, family recipe and passed on through the generations, the dough is prepared on a wooden board and battered by hand until it thickens. It is then rolled twice - first with a rolling pin, and second in a manual pasta machine and then left to dry. The rolled dough is cut into noodles, left to dry on cotton towels and fluffed occasionally by hand. This natural process of production is what makes the difference between 'Lașcă' noodles and industrial products.
This product is 100% natural and completely free from additives & preservatives. It is certified as a traditional product on the Romanian National Register of traditional products.
RO: Lașcă, tăieței de casă
Soimus, Hunedoara County, Romania
White wheat flour, free range eggs, salt
Store in a cool, dry place
2- 4 working days
Orders over £75 dispatched with DPD
Orders under £75 dispatched with Evri or Royal Mail
£7.95 of FREE for all orders over £75
1-2 working days
Orders dispatched with DPD Next Day
- If you are looking for delivery in the EU please follow the link to our EU store
- All orders in the UK are dispatched from the UK
- Orders placed by 12pm will be dispatched the same day.
- Orders are processed Monday - Friday. Orders placed after 12pm on a Friday will be processed the following Monday.
- Once your order has been dispatched you will receive an email confirming that your goods are on their way along with a tracking code to follow the status of delivery.